Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Spiderman Cake






I had this idea to make this cake 2 brick buildings, and have spiderman webbing between the 2. A bit ambitious, I know, and it came back to haunt me. The first time around the taller of the 2 fell on my kitchen floor :( So heres where I went wrong - Although the first cake and buttercream i used were very tasty, they were not practical. The cake and buttercream were to soft to stack that high, so the second time around i had to sacrifice the taste a bit and I used a sturdy pound cake and stiff buttercream to build the cake, and it worked much better. Don't get me wrong, it still tasted good but my 1st cake tasted much better, its just not suitable for building this kind of structure. The brick work is done with a press that i ordered online, I really like it. spiderman was molded out of fondant, he was a pain in the butt also, he didn't want to stay together for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment